Requiem

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eric749's Dev App

eric749
    eric749

eric749's Dev App Empty eric749's Dev App

Post by eric749 Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:44 am

1. About you;

Your name: Eric Schaefer
    Your age: 17
    Where do you live (include timezone): South Carolina/Eastern Standard Time
    What times are you available a day (ex. 1-6 PM PST): 7:00 am-3:00 pm

2. How can we contact you (ex. MSN)? email me eschaefer749@yahoo.com or AIM: eric108wtfman

3. How long have you played on Requiem WoW? Just started

4. Previous Development experience; I've worked on Divine-WoW Arcemu Core development (Patch 3.0.9) Naxx 25 Boss scripts and custom Scholo Boss Scripts.

What server(s) and how long: PwnWoW 3 Months which split to Divine-WoW where I spent 2 months developing Naxx 25 Boss Scripts and Custom Scholo Instance
    Why did you leave: PwnWoW was shutdown, so I gathered several of the staff members and got a dedicated host for Divine-WoW which shutdown when 3.1 was released
    What did create/fix for the server(s): I created Morph NPCs/Jukebox NPCs/Teleport NPCs/ Boss Fights for Naxx 25 and created custom Scholo Instance. I have no experience with the Ulduar boss scripts, but have retail experience up to Yogg in Ulduar, so i know the basic ideas of the fights and spells used in the fights.

4. How much time can you dedicate to Requiem WoW? I can dedicate 5-6 hrs a day to development to this server.

5. What skills do you have (Compiling, Database Editing, PHP or other web scripts, ect)? I excel in Database Editing, dont let me do any website design I'm horrible at it.

6. Are there any bugs on Requiem WoW that you can fix? Most servers 3.1.x have warrior spell bugs in bladestorm and debuffs such as Mortal Strike

7. What programming languages do you know? I know LUA Scripting, a little C++, and CMD Scripting (Creates Server Restarters, MySQL Starters, etc.)

8. Can you make items, quest, mobs, etc without any programs besides a database editor? I've worked with WoW databases for almost 3 years now creating queries, entering data directly into the tables is easy if you know the correct values. Those are basics to Database Editing

9. Tell us a little about yourself (200 words max): My name is Eric Schaefer, I plan to be a Computer Programmer one day. If I'm not working on LUA scripts for friends, I'm creating CMD programs for fun. I do have a life outside of my computer, I hang out with friends all the time, I ride BMX at least 3 hrs a day. I'm a laid back guy, I'm good at what I do and would be happy to send you examples of my work if you give me an email address. (Don't put my work out in the public for people to mooch). I play Retail WoW, I have an 80 Death Knight in Ulduar/Naxx 25 gear.

10. Do you have Ventrilo? Do you have a working microphone? I have vent, yes (Requirement for Retail Raiding) I have a Mic on my gaming comp which I don't plan on moving it from where it is.

11. Why do you presume that you are the best candidate for the position? I know what I'm doing, I know the mechanics of Ulduar and Naxx fights. I have more than 1/2 a year of experience in WOTLK scripts. Ive been scripting since about 13 ( Child Prodigy Razz , I'm very full of myself). I'm a helpful fun guy if you don't piss me off. Other than that I don't raid/PvP much ingame because I do my scripting work on a laptop (TouchPads suck). I'm a perfectionist in my work, I work diligently until my work is done right.
    Thank you for reading my app,
    Eric Schaefer

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:37 pm